Saturday, April 12, 2008

Letters


Silvia,

 

I know of what you speak.  The water is wide and to chance swimming o’er may lead to an unsavory end.  You speak of love stories and tragedy?  It’s amazing how often the two are intertwined.

 

Love is a bitter-sweet arrow that carries a joyful pain, a welcome poison that spreads to every extremity and causes mastery of the heart over the mind.  I fear that I am so afflicted. 

 

But I welcome this pain, it let’s me know that I am alive; for life is not just time to spend until our inevitable demise, but the very pulse, the heart beat carrying hope and vitality to these arms that have longed to hold you...to these hands that long to touch you…and these lips that yearn for the chance to truly know you.

 

I speak boldly with words I should never utter and feelings I am not supposed to have.  I cannot tell you how many such letters I’ve written you and then disposed of without sending for fear of being an unwelcome fool.

 

But, if I am a fool, then an honest fool am I, leaving my heart pray open to live, to love and soon be broken.  I am alive and will e’er remain.

 

~Will

No comments:

Post a Comment